Technical Support Engineer - Service Desk - French speaking
|Job Type :
||c. £25k - £35k
Service Desk - Technical Support Engineer – Desktop & Systems Management Software
An opportunity exists for an enthusiastic Technical Support Engineer to be the primary liaison in providing helpdesk support to customers and partners in France for a global provider of Connectivity / IT infrastructure management solutions for enterprise data centres.
Our client provides enterprise level systems, security and process management solutions. A leader in desktop and device management software solutions.
• tracking, escalating, and resolving all Support Centre incidents on product function and usage
• Resolving clients' questions or problems at customer sites in the areas of system configurations/setup, product functionality and bugs/enhancements
• Identifying and documenting product defects, RFI’s and ERs for review and validation
• Serve as primary support liaison to customer including problem resolution
• Involved in any additional follow up, testing and troubleshooting
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
• Help Desk Analyst Certified and/or 2 years of relevant experience with an emphasis on customer support
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and server platforms administration preferably Microsoft Certified (MCP or MCDBA)
• Thorough knowledge of Relational Database (RDBMS) technology with specific administration ability in Microsoft SQL (MSDE/2005/2008) and/or Oracle (10g/11g).
• A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent and/or related experience.
• Experience querying data through Transact-SQL statements and writing reports using reporting tools (i.e. Crystal Business Objects, MS Access)
• Use of ODBC and troubleshooting ODBC connectivity issues
• Good working experience with Web Server Technologies and Web Applications, MS Internet Information Services (Administration, Configuration, Performance Tuning, etc.)
• Oral and written fluency in French and English.
If you are interested in exciting challenges and future personal growth opportunities, please forward your CV clearly showing where your skills and experience match the requirement.
Key words: technical support, engineer, service desk, helpdesk, desktop solutions, software, Desktop management technologies, CRM, ERP, e-commerce, ecommerce, Systems Integrators, Hardware, security, service management, Process Management Solutions, software, DataComms, Networking, data centre, connectivity, digital, wireless, mobile technologies, ITBM, Professional Services Product Suite, remote switching, serial console servers, IIS, Internet, Win 2000, Win 2003, SQL Server, SQL 2005, Oracle databases, Microsoft Certified Professional, MCP, Microsoft Certified Database Administrator, MCDBA, Oracle Database Administrator - Certified Associate, OCA, ITIL Certified, VMware Certified Professional, VCP, Administrator, Engineer, CLA/CLE, CompTIA Network+